Practice Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

MIPs reporting for 2024 Facility-based reporting for independently contracted radiology groups

• 1.  MIPs reporting for 2024 Facility-based reporting for independently contracted radiology groups

Posted 01-04-2024 13:36

We are a hospital based radiology group and just made the 75 points for 2023 MIPs.  I see CMS is now eliminating Measure 147 - NM for 2024.   We'd like to approach the hospital for inclusion in the facility-based reporting option for MIPs in 2024.  I know this was available back in 2019.  Is this an option for 2024?  If so, what would be the link to obtain the instructions on how to do this?  I cannot locate on the QPP website.

Thanks so much,

Sylvia Stone - Director- Radiology Business Services

For Suburban Radiologists, S.C.

------------------------------
    Sylvia Stone
    Director, Radiology Business Services
    Healthcare Business Consultants, Inc.
    Oak Brook, IL
    (630) 581-6504

• 2.  RE: MIPs reporting for 2024 Facility-based reporting for independently contracted radiology groups

Posted 01-16-2024 11:57
      |   view attached

Hi Sylvia,

One of our SMEs had this to say to answer your question. I hope this is helpful, please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. 

CMS will make the determination if a clinician is eligible for facility-based reporting.

Here is the link to the eligibility requirements: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-42/chapter-IV/subchapter-B/part-414/subpart-O/section-414.1380#p-414.1380(e)(2)

A snip pulled from the link is attached here. 

I would utilize the QPP status tool to look up each NPI in your group to determine if they have met the eligibility requirements. 

If the facility does not meet the criteria, the eligible clinician is still required to submit MIPS data for scoring.

Here is a link also found on QPP site: https://qpp.cms.gov/mips/special-statuses?py=2024#facility-based

Rebecca Farrington
    Chief Revenue Officer
    Healthcare Administrative Partners
    rfarrington@hapusa.com
    www.hapusa.com